At the New Life Center, female victims of injustice receive holistic, Christ-centered care. This includes basic education, which takes place in these classrooms at the New Life Center compound in Northern Uganda.
Pauline (seated in the white chair) teaches at the Center and has worked with FH
for several years. Many of her students never have been to school before now.
God created everyone with intelligence and the ability to learn.
These young women engage in lessons on reading and writing both English and Luo
(the local language), business studies, life skills, and basic math.
This knowledge will help them be self-supporting once they leave the Center
and return to the marketplace.
Walter also has worked for FH for many years. He remembers having to temporarily
shut down several FH programs in Northern Uganda starting in 2004 because the armed
Lord’s Resistance Army invaded villages and killed or abducted tens of thousands of people.
Himself having been abducted and having escaped three times,
Walter is still there today, teaching literacy, life skills and math.
He also helps with Christ-centered counseling and spiritual development.
Babies often join their mothers in the classroom and for other activities throughout the day.
So God created man in His own image.
In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Tweet ThisShare on FacebookStumble itShare on RedditDigg itAdd to DeliciousAdd to TechnoratiAdd to GoogleSubscribe to RSS
- When is “it’s just cultural” not an excuse for allowing injustice?
- BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL! Defend women suffering from injustice – only $9/month
- This week, in a special event in Kenya, dozens of men are taking a big step to protect themselves from HIV.
- Caring for the vulnerable children of AIDS victims
- What’s better than building a classroom for kids who desperately need it?