Throw a dart at this infograph, The Changing Face of AIDS,
and you’ll learn something encouraging about humankind’s efforts
to rid ourselves of the HIV virus.
Some exciting highlights:
- AIDS-related deaths peaked in 2004 and have been declining ever since.
- The use of anti-retroviral therapy (drugs to slow the progression of HIV) has significantly increased in recent years, especially in poorer countries.
- In the U.S., the negative social stigma against people with AIDS is dwindling.
Want to understand how FH is helping beat HIV/AIDS? Explore….
- A well-equipped medical clinic in one of the most remote places on earth
- Training and equipping youth to protect themselves
- HIV-positive Kenyans find hope and strength in community support groups
- Churches are empowered to meet the physical needs of their HIV-positive neighbors
- HIV-positive parents are enabled to earn more income for survival