In this lovely February, let’s do something different, something meaningful. Let’s express our love to the world—making this month not about how much love we get—but how much love we give. And let’s not just give love to only our loved ones, but to the world. So here are 10 ways to show our love.
1. Morning Prayer: There is nothing more sweet than waking up with God by your side acknowledging that He loves you more every time you wake up. So let’s pray that every soul in the world wakes up in the morning knowing that they are loved by God.
2. Make Someone Smile: Your smile creates more smiles, let your smile be a light in the world.
3. Give a Strong Bear Hug: I really love when someone looks at me and hugs me with so much love. I feel special. Let’s make someone feel special today by giving them a hug.
4. Facebook for Good: Tired of all the bad news and useless information on Facebook? Write something that really inspires you to continue to change the world and share it. I know that someone on your Facebook needs to hear it. Tip: Food for the Hungry (FH) Facebook page has a lot of motivational stories, so feel free to share it with your friends!
5. Make a Dream Come True: I truly believe when you sponsor a child with Food for the Hungry, you are giving her an opportunity to fulfill her dream, the same one that you were given (access to school, good nutrition, clean water). These benefits change a child’s life and make dreams possible.
6. The Perfect Present: Make a handmade present, something that takes you time to do, and give it to someone that doesn’t expect it.
7. Baking Love: Surprise a new member of your church or a new neighbor with a cupcake, pie or cake. Everyone loves food, and this is a really yummy way to let them know they are special and loved.
8. Little Details: Compliments are those little details that make us melt inside. So say something true and beautiful to those who help you during your day.
9. Volunteer: The world always needs loving hands, and for sure FH needs those hands. Get involved and spread the love.
10. A Gift to Go, Please: One of these days, instead of having a coffee to go, have a gift to go. FH makes gifts available to you online like textbooks, school uniforms or other gifts ranging in prices from $10 to $25. I thought I would never say this … but this is way better than coffee.