Following the tragedy of the Boston Marathon bombings, it was inspiring to see how people from around the world feel connected to the grief and pain of the victims. This highlights the God-given connection we have to our brothers and sisters “in their distress”.
“The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of His unfailing love.” – Psalm 33:5 Later this month, I’ll be at the Justice Conference in Philadelphia. (If you’ll be there too, see my note at the end of this post about our pastors luncheon.) Hundreds of thought leaders, church representatives, and practitioners from [...]
Kitties Galore Three days after moving into our home last May, we discovered a couple of tiny, abandoned kittens in our yard. Of course, my 9 and 11 year-old daughters believed this was providential. My wife and I had other words for it. We had said no to pets the past five years while living [...]
My 8-year-old daughter answered the phone with something urgent to tell me. “Mom, this girl has worms in her belly,” Linda blurted. I had a moment of panic, wondering what could possibly have happened at home in the 24 hours since I had left town on a trip for work. “I’m looking at this book, [...]
Hiking the Grand Canyon brought on unexpected challenges, that brought me to a better understanding that a Holistically healthy life breeds acts of compassion.
I’m hiking the Grand Canyon, Rim to Rim, in one day. And in so doing have gone on a journey of pondering this idea: That a holistically healthy life is best exposed in acts of compassion. Probably not a novel idea, but one that we should at least contemplate.
From Our Leadership
Popular This Week
- How a child used gardening to serve his community May 21, 2013
- Making the world a smaller place May 20, 2013
- Exuberant daughters May 17, 2013
- Care groups help save children May 15, 2013
- Making Mom happy May 14, 2013
- Wendy McMahan: Great story! I want to meet Guyo....
- food4thehungry: There is true joy in non-compulsory, heart-induced...
- claireicon: RT @food4thehungry: Meet Leocaide.Through our #Car...
- food4thehungry: Meet Leocaide.Through our #CareGroups model she te...
- food4thehungry: Moms around the world all want the same thing for ...
Follow @Food4theHungry on Twitter
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010